10 reasons why you should get the FLU Vaccine
27 Oct, 2014
What is Influenza?
Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death. Every flu season is different, and influenza infection can affect people differently. Even healthy people can get very sick from the flu and spread it to others. Some of the reasons why one should get a flu shot.
Prevention and Control
- Flu is a contagious disease which affects the lungs and can lead to serious illness, like Pneumonia.
- The virus mutates, so you no matter what your age, you can still get the flu.
- Even if you’re healthy, it can make you sick enough to be hospitalized.
- You may be around someone who has the flu and not be aware of it.
- If you get it, do you want to be the one spreading it around?
- If you wait too long to get the shot, it will probably be too late to protect yourself.
- Of those who get the flu, between 3,000 and 49,000 will die from it or from complications, with more than 90% of deaths occurring in people over 65.*
- Everyone’s at risk, but older people, younger children, pregnant women and people with medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, heart disease, or kidney disease are especially vulnerable.
- Flu vaccines are easily available at your nearest clinic
- They are extremely safe and are monitored by the Centre for Disease Control. Consult an Internal Medicine specialist for complete diagnosis and treatment.
Download our guide to know easy tips to prevent flu. Check *Content Courtesy: Johns Hopkins Medicine http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/adult/infectious_diseases/influenza_flu_85,P00625/ *Image Courtesy: www.cidd.psu.edu